About McConnell Transport
McConnell Transport Ltd., based in Jacksonville, N.B. has been in operation for 40 years. We are a refrigerated transportation company specializing in transporting produce and fresh and frozen food products throughout North America.
We understand the sensitivity of transporting food products and what is required to get the product delivered on time, and in perfect condition for our customer.
We are pleased to offer:
- The McConnell Fleet of refrigerated and dry-van Trailers are state-of-the-art, with an automated preventive maintenance schedule to keep them in top shape.
- The refrigeration units are also on an automated preventive maintenance schedule to maintain temperatures that the shipper requires.
- Dual Temperature trailers are a specialty of McConnell Transport! The ‘dual temp’ trailers are capable of delivering products of differing temperatures on the same trailer.
- Advanced Micro Download capabilities on all refrigeration units.
- Produce chutes on select equipment.
- Clean, food-safety sensitive trailers.
- The McConnell Fleet of power units has an average age of 1.5 years, automated preventive maintenance schedule and ready to deliver your goods.
- Full satellite communications, including remote satellite positioning, to track the progress of the load for on-time deliveries.
- Dispatch service and Customer service are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- HACCP Approved (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Food Safety.
- C-TPAT Approved, with a fenced and gated storage yard and with keypad security.
- SmartWay Transport Partner, registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
A Brief History
In 1978 Larry McConnell formed a transportation company in Woodstock, New Brunswick. This Company began transporting refrigerated food products and McConnell Transport saw the tremendous opportunities in supplying this transportation service. From the beginning, the McConnell organization has been dedicated to a philosophy of providing quality service at a fair price. Innovations in marketing also helped the company to succeed – McConnell Transport offered shippers a money back guarantee if their delivery was not on time, which was considered unusual in those days.
McConnell Transport maintains its leadership position in the industry by developing services and technology for the shipper. Electronic controls and computer information systems allow us to compete efficiently in the international markets.